Our team has the pleasure of building brands who can be trusted. It’s never been more important (but at times, more confusing) to create trust in your marketing efforts.
Here’s a list of marketing mistakes we’ve seen (and made):
1. Talking About Grandpa – people don’t care about your grandpa who started the business. They care about themselves, not about you.
2. Ignoring Email – beyond your site, still the most powerful communication tool on the planet.
3. Hammering Facts – as one of our clients always says, “facts tell, stories sell.” Tell better stories.
4. Speaking Jargon – we don’t know your acronyms or jargon. Boil your message down to something simple.
5. Tactics > Trust – instead of debating tactics, let’s build trust first. A tactic without trust is wasted budget.
6. Shiny > Substance – social media is a shiny cherry on top of a meat and potatoes marketing meal of a vibrant website.
7. Keep Telling Us You’re Awesome – you can stop that, let someone else do it instead. Preferably your client.
8. Convince > Connect – we don’t want to be sold, but we LOVE to be understood. Then we buy, lots.
9. Hide Behind Stock Images – we’d rather see you, and your team, and where you work.
10. Assume Something is Better than Word of Mouth – no ad, video, or SEO effort will ever take the place of a human telling another human about your work. Empower your clients to be wonderful storytellers.